much-net AG is a member of the “Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industries” (ALFI) as well as of the “Bundesverband Alternative Investments e. V.” (BAI), which not only provides us and our PMS users with up-to-date and comprehensive information on current regulatory developments and changes but which also allows us to participate in the international network and to contribute to the political interest representation of our profession on the other hand.
ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industries)
ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industries) was founded in 1988 and presently represents hundreds of investment funds located in Luxembourg. The association may comprise members of investment funds and investment companies but also service providers of the fund industry, depot banks, law offices, financial auditors etc.
The Fund Association’s activities aim at positioning Luxembourg as an attractive international centre for investment funds, based on the well-known principle: “Better regulation. Clearer information. More protection”.
The association’s website provides information on regulatory topics, publications and statistics related to the Luxembourg as well as the European Fund market.
In addition to the two major Luxembourg events ALFI Spring Conference and ALFI Global Distribution Conference (formerly known as ALFI & NICSA Conference), ALFI develops its global presence by organising international road shows on different topics, and additionally offers so-called breakfast seminars for instance.
ALRiM (Association Luxembourgeoise de Risk Management)
has been dedicated to developing risk management in Luxembourg and internationally since it was founded 1 July 1997 under the name of "PRiM". ALRiM is a non-profit organisation, the members of which are professionals with a high commitment to risk management.
With the support of its members and its board of directors, ALRiM meets its objective of developing risk management through a variety of activities including the following:
- Publication of the ALRiM Risk Newsletter, a newsletter on risk and risk management that is published by ALRiM four times a year
- Developing and offering training courses on risk management in collaboration with the Luxembourg Institute for Training in Banking (IFBL)
- Helping candidates prepare for the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) examination that is organised by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Organising and holding conferences on risk management topics
- Collaborations with other Luxembourg associations (e.g., ALFI, ABBL, ALCO) to organise conferences, to research and release publications on topics related to risk management
- Conducting expert discussion groups on current risk management topics
- Participating in working groups to provide expertise and advice on risk management to various government bodies
- Facilitating the exchange of information on risk management among professionals in various economic sectors
- Sharing Luxembourg’s expertise in risk management with evolving financial markets
- Organising and offering coaching in risk management for microfinance institutions, in cooperation with the ATTFand ADA
BAI (Bundesverband Alternative Investments e. V.)
The Bundesverband Alternative Investments e. V. (BAI) (= Federal Association of Alternative Investments) was founded on 4 July 1997 in Bonn by notable market participants and presently comprises approximately 120 members (persons and companies) including our much-net AG.
The BAI’s articles of association explicitly state the aim of strongly promoting the interests of persons and companies working in the field of professional alternative investments. The association works closely with political decision-making organs and major financial institutions such as the BaFin (German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority) to represent the interests of its members in a constructive dialogue.
Apart from the usual association tasks, the BAI also informs its members of the latest developments in alternative investments by means of publications and circulars as well as on its website. The association additionally releases the “BAI Newsletter” on a quarterly basis.
Each autumn (September/October), it organises the BAI Alternative Investment Forum in cooperation with the Deutsche Börse (German Stock Exchange) and Eurex. Additional events and work groups such as the regular BAI Alternative Investment Insight and the BAI Alternative Investor Conference (AIC) take place, bringing together investors and providers of the alternative investment industry.
For further information please visit www.bvai.de.
European Finance Forum (EFF)
The European Finance Forum (EFF) who counts the Düsseldorfer Finanz Forum among his long-term partners was founded as a non-profit association in Frankfurt/Main in 1989 and organises conferences in Amsterdam, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Luxembourg, Munich, Stuttgart and Vienna which take place on a regular basis and which offer excellent networking opportunities after the presentations.
Executive managers of the financial services industry or of corporate finance departments use EFF as a network and as a professional platform to exchange their experiences and to address up-to-date issues pertaining to international finance management.
much-net AG has been present on these events for many years, acting as sponsor and holding presentations on current financial topics.